HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE WORKFORCE OF THE FUTURE
- Automation is disrupting traditional jobs, leading to new skills being required.
- HR and the C-suite need to be aligned on what roles will be needed in the next three, five or ten years, as well as what skills will be needed to fill those roles.
- Reskilling programs are a way to train and prepare workers for these shifts.
A LOOK INTO THE GIG ECONOMY
- Gig workers are looking for roles that are flexible and fit their lifestyle.
- Providing benefits to gig workers, or a more competitive wage so they can purchase their own benefits, can provide you with an advantage when recruiting workers for gig roles.
- Worker misclassification is a common and expensive mistake.
DRIVERS AND BENEFITS OF TOTAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
- A total workforce solution can help you attract and retain workers.
- A total workforce approach drives costs savings by simplifying recruiting and program management processes.
- A total workforce solution provides increased agility as you can see the trends impacting your entire workforce earlier and respond to them more quickly.
WORKFORCE PLANNING: LEVERAGING WORKFORCE ANALYTICS FOR DEEPER INSIGHTS
- Companies are investing more in big data and driving tangible benefits as a result.
- Leveraging analytics for workforce planning can help you achieve business goals.
- Data-driven decision making helps you improve quality of hire as well as retention and performance metrics.
STRATEGIES FOR BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE TALENT COMMUNITY
- If you build a strong talent community, you will have a sustainable talent pool that reduces time-to-fill and ensures a steady pipeline of qualified candidates.
- A strong employer brand can help you consistently attract new candidates for your talent community.
- Leveraging technology can help you more efficiently manage your talent community.
Considerations When Sourcing Talent Globally
- Complying with complex immigration laws requires paying close attention to shifting political climates.
- Cultural literacy is important in a globally diverse office or virtual environment and can help avoid miscommunication.
- You should not overlook the importance of internal communications, office politics and training.
THE VALUE OF GLOBALIZING YOUR RECRUITMENT STRATEGY
- A globalized recruitment strategy drives improved quality of hire, increased diversity and a better ability to source candidates with the skills of the future.
- When implementing a global recruitment strategy, it is important to work with local employees to ensure employer branding campaigns are culturally appropriate in each region in which you recruit.
- Analyzing global labor markets makes for smarter hiring because you can see how your workforce compares throughout the world.